Scott Fielding’s practice is primarily in the areas of real estate law, real estate acquisition and development, title insurance, office, medical office and retail leasing, condominium and condominium association law, commercial lending (represents both borrowers and lenders), and general corporate transactions.
Scott serves as an instructor at The Nashville School of Law in the area of Property Law.
Mr. Fielding is a 1999 graduate of Vanderbilt Law School, where he was an editor of the Vanderbilt Law Review and author of “Free Competition or Corporate Theft?: The Need for Courts to Consider the Employment Relationship in Preliminary Steps Disputes.” Mr. Fielding graduated cum laude from Centre College with a bachelor of science degree in history and economics and was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. He earned a master’s degree in American history from the University of Kentucky.
- J.D., Vanderbilt University, 1999 (law review; editor)
- M.A., University of Kentucky, 1995
- B.A., cum laude, Centre College, 1993
- Woodard/White: The Best Lawyers In America 2016-Present (Real Estate Law)
- Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers 2009 (Real Estate)
- Nashville Business Journal Rising Stars in Commercial Real Estate 2003
- Co-author, with C. Mark Carver, of six chapters on real estate law in the West Group Tennessee Practice Series
- “Lesser Discussed Lease Provisions (Boilerplate),” panelist, American Bar Association, Teleconference 2017
- “Practical Approaches for the Negotiation of Standard Leases,” panelist, American Bar Association Teleconference 2016
- “Insights from the Litigation Side,” panelist, American Bar Association Teleconference 2013
- “Condo Law From Every Angle,” speaker, Tennessee Bar Association 2013
- “Expansion Rights in Office Leases” panelist, American Bar Association Teleconference Program 2012
- Member of Nashville, Tennessee and American Bar Associations
- Member of ABA Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section
- Real Property Office Leasing Committee (Vice Chairman 2013-2016)
- Past Board Member of Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville, Inc.