Mark Carver practices primarily in the areas of real estate, finance and corporate law. Mr. Carver regularly works on real estate matters such as acquisitions and dispositions, development, leasing, zoning, title insurance and financing. Mr. Carver also frequently represents both borrowers and lenders on loan transactions, including serving as Tennessee counsel on many multi-state deals. He regularly represents bank trust departments on real estate matters. His practice also involves providing general business advice on corporate matters, qualifying and forming business entities and addressing environmental issues related to transactions.
- Represents a national real estate company specializing in industrial developments on projects in the Southeast USA.
- Represents individual real estate investors on purchase, sale and financing transactions.
- Represents Market Land Company, the owner of 20 retail shopping centers on all aspects of acquisition, financing, and operations.
- Represents bank trust departments on real estate and leasing matters.
- Regularly works with commercial real estate brokers and their clients on Tennessee transactions.
- J.D., University of Virginia, 1985
- B.A., University of Tennessee, 1982
- Nashville Business Journal 2020 CRE Leadership Award, Attorney of the Year (Real Estate)
- Woodward/White: The Best Lawyers In America (Litigation-Real Estate; Real Estate Law)
- Woodward/White: The Best Lawyers In America Lawyer of the Year 2019 (Litigation-Real Estate)
- Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers (Real Estate)
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers (Real Estate Law)
- Nashville Business Journal Best of the Bar (Commercial Real Estate)
- The Best of the U.S. LLC (Real Estate)
- Nashville Business Journal Heavy Hitters in Commercial Real Estate
- Co-author, with Scott W. Fielding, of eight chapters on real estate law in the West Group Tennessee Practice Series
- Member of the American, Tennessee and Nashville Bar Associations
- Past chair of the Real Estate Section of the Nashville Bar Association
- Board member of Gilda’s Club Nashville (President, 2012)
- Past board member of Greenways For Nashville
- Past board member of Metropolitan Greenways Commission
- Past board member of Hospital Hospitality House
- Past board member of YMCA Urban Services
- Has competed in the USA Track & Field National Masters Championships 14 times
- Holds fifteen Tennessee road running records at distances from the mile to the half marathon